2017 DATES: APRIL 28th-30th
Anyone 12 or older! Under 18 must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
Spend the weekend volunteering at CYC. Help us prepare for the summer by cleaning buildings and grounds raking and building projects around camp.
Catholic Youth Camp- 19590 520th Lane McGregor MN 55760.
April 28-30 2017
CYC has been offering children a quality Catholic camping experience for 65 years. This has been possible from the support of volunteers like you!
Register by April 22 using the link below.
CYC will provide all the meals for the weekend. Please bring a sleeping bag or sheets and a blanket for the beds. Cabin assignment is by gender. Bring weather-appropriate clothing and cleaning supplies. Any changes in plans due to weather will be posted immediately at our blog. Hope to see you there!
If you have the following supplies available please consider bringing them to work weekend-
- Work gloves rakes leaf blowers tarps wheel barrows– we will be clearing brush and leaves from the entire camp property.
- Hammers drills saws or other basic carpernty items (see below for the projects we will be building)
Past Work Weekend Projects
Large Group Projects
- Move everything out of the rec hall (canoes supplies etc)
- Move art supplies into Rec hall
- Move drama supplies into IP
- Rake and drag brush- all areas of camp
- Chop and stack firewood
- Clean all buildings
- Update lights in the Rec hall
- Update lights in IP
- Assess the showers in the back of Rec hall
- Move drinking fountain in Sweeney basement
- Rebuild the slingshot targets
- Replace the roof of the archery shelter
- Fix restroom door in Sweeney basement
- Fix the floorboard of the shower in Maurer
- Build benches for fire circle
- Build bunk boxes for beds
- Build shelves for cabins
- Begin demo of art barn