Open up Camp 2023
Anyone 12 or older! Under 18 must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
Spend the weekend volunteering at CYC. Help us prepare for the summer by cleaning buildings and grounds, raking, and building projects around camp.
Catholic Youth Camp- 19590 520th Lane, McGregor, MN 55760.
June 23-25 Come for part of the weekend or all of it!
CYC has been offering children a quality Catholic camping experience for 75 years. This has been possible from the support of volunteers like you! Having volunteers help us open up camp makes it easier for us to fully focus on training our incredible staff for a safe and fun summer.
Sign up HERE
CYC will provide all the meals for the weekend. Please bring a sleeping bag or sheets and a blanket for the beds.
If you have the following supplies available, please consider bringing them to work weekend:
- Work gloves, rakes, leaf blowers, tarps, wheel barrows– we will be clearing brush and leaves from the entire camp property.
- Chainsaws-After a hard winter we have some branches and trees to remove!
- Hammers, drills, saws, or other basic carpentry items.
- Shop Vacs and extension cords
Past Work Weekend Projects
Large Group Projects
- Move everything out of the Rec Hall (canoes, supplies, etc)
- Move art supplies into Rec Hall
- Rake and drag brush- all areas of camp
- Chop and stack firewood
- Clean all buildings
- Building and remodeling projects
- Update lights in the Rec Hall
- Update lights in IP
- Assess the showers in the back of Rec Hall
- Move drinking fountain in Sweeney basement
- Rebuild the slingshot targets
- Replace the roof of the archery shelter
- Fix restroom door in Sweeney basement
- Fix the floorboard of the shower in Maurer
- Build benches for fire circle
- Build bunk boxes for beds
- Build shelves for cabins